Sinus infections can be miserable for millions Americans.
Headaches, constipation and the general feeling of sickness can make it difficult to function throughout the day. Although over-the-counter remedies can offer some relief, side effects can be harmful and uncomfortable.
Essential oils provide a natural solution to treat sinus infections and relieve symptoms. We will discuss essential oils that can be used to treat sinus infections and give you some recipes to make blends that will help ease the symptoms.
How essential oils can help in sinus infections?
The best way to get relief from sinus infection is to use essential oils. They can help clear congestion and fight infection. Essential oils like the following are particularly beneficial for sinus infection:
Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil is a powerful essential oil that is anti-inflammatory and has antimicrobial properties. It is a great way to clear congestion and fight infection in nasal passages.
Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is another essential oil that is known to have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. It is a great way to remove bacteria and mucous which could cause sinus infections.
Lemon oil: This vital oil can help fight infections and ease congestion. It also serves as a natural detoxifier that can help eliminate toxic substances from your body.
Tea tree oil: This potent antimicrobial oil can be utilized to treat sinus infections caused mold and bacteria.
The Benefits of Using Essential Oils for Sinus Infection
- They are all natural and do not have any harmful unwanted side negative effects.
- They are easy to use and can be added to a diffuser or inhaled directly.
- They are quick to fight infection and clear congestion.
- They can also be used to improve the overall health of your body and cleanse.
When To Use Essential Oils To Treat Sinus Infections:
- If you are experiencing headaches, congestion or a fever, essential oils could help to provide relief.
- If you’ve been diagnosed with a sinus infection essential oils may be used as a complement to traditional treatments to speed up healing.
- Essential oils can be used frequently to treat chronic sinus infections.
Here are some tips to be aware of when using essential oils for sinus infection:
It is essential to speak with your physician prior to making use of essential oils if you are nursing, pregnant or suffer from an illness.
- Essential oils shouldn’t be used with children under the age of two.
- essential oils for sinus infection (terrysnaturals.com/)
- Make sure to dilute essential oils before applying them to the skin.
- Avoid ingesting essential oils without consulting a healthcare professional.
How to Use Essential Oils for Sinus Infection:
You can use essential oils to treat sinus infections in many ways.
- You can inhale the aromas directly from the bottle or through a diffuser.
- Inhale the steaming water vapors adding some drops of essential oils into a bowl.
- Apply a few drops to your temples and forehead with carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oils.
- Incorporate a few drops essential oil to your hot bath.
- Make detox tea with honey, ginger, and lemon (recipe below).
Detox Tea Recipe
- Fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced thin
- Lemon slices, frozen or fresh
- Honey, especially local and raw honey
Bring all the ingredients to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat and the lowest setting for about 20 minutes. Strain and drink as warm. Take a cup of detox tea each day if you suffer from a sinus infection.
Let us conclude by saying that there are many ways to treat sinus infections. These strategies can aid in reducing your symptoms and get rid of the symptoms.